Sunday, March 2, 2008

my weekend

I love Sundays but hate Sunday nights because I know tomorrow is Monday. boo.

Friday night Ben had poker night with the guys. I ended up hanging out with my mother in law, Karen. Olivia was out of town and Timmy Tot was sick so it was good bonding time for us. I had a lot to talk to her about and she was so helpful as always. She always has the scripture answer for me and good "mom advice" as well as "friend advice". I just love her to pieces. 

Saturday morning was the angel food drive. It was our class's turn to volunteer to help. We were supposed to be there at 7:30 but we got distracted by Shipleys so we got there at 7:45 but the truck didn't get there till 8:00 to unload all the food. The girls just kinda stood around while the guys unloaded and then all the people got there around 9:30 to pick up their food.
Jenny and I volunteered to be the greeters and it was SO much fun. They said we had more energy than anybody who has ever been a greeter. We were acting so crazy. We were cheering and dancing around and getting everybody all pumped up about angel food. ha. Those people picking up the food probably thought we were crazy. We cheered for everybody coming in the door! ha! If I can get the picture off my phone I will post it on here but Carol had bought bunny ears and flower headband things for all of us to wear to promote the egg hunt. Jenny and I had the flower headbands and we looked like the statue of liberty, it was so funny! Until I can get the picture of it, heres one of me and Jenny from Six Flags this past summer. She is braiding my hair in the van! :) I LOVE JENNY! 

Ben had some extra work to do on Saturday. He works for Jenny and Brian Wood at corporate Hobby Lobby when he has extra time. They pay him really well to be their maintenance man at their building in cool springs. It definitely helps us out that they have all that extra work for him. He went on out there after they were done unloading the truck at the church. I went home after we got done at 10:30 and took a 3 hour nap! I was exhausted. When I got up Ben had gotten home and he laid down to take a nap and I got up and cleaned the house. We went over to my grandmothers later on after he had gotten up and then came back home. I fixed a yummy dinner. It was a recipe I found in The Tennessean. It is called Zucchini Sausage Casserole and it was really good! We watched Wedding Crashers and then went to bed. 

We have been trying to get up early on Sundays now and get to church early. Ben's family has always gotten there early. It gives you a chance to get some coffee and mingle and then head on down to sunday school (or life group..whatever). I like it. We got there about 8:30 and had time to stuff some Easter eggs with candy with Larry and Kristi (our teachers) and a couple of other people before class started. After the service we headed over to Don and Debs for lunch. We had a great turn out. There were about 30 of us there. Deb made her famous sun dried tomato pasta and had some caesar salad too! Yum! We all played a game after that. It's hard to explain on here but it was fun. We left their house about 3 and headed home. Ben and I threw some ball in the backyard for a little while and then we came in and got ready for Sunday night church. It was a good sermon and we observed the Lord's supper. It was a nice evening. After church we went to Chilis with James, Holly, Joel, Cecile, Kenny, Matt and Johanna. It was really fun. They are a fun group! 

That's about all my weekend has entailed. It's sad that another week is starting up but there is good news. My good friend Leslie from work, who is currently in nursing school, is on spring break and is working at the clinic this week. I'm really excited. She is actually going to be doing my job and I am going to be doing the surgery assistant job that I was offered to see if I like it. This will be a big week in determining if I want to take this new position. 

I'm hoping I will get my car back by the end of the week but I'm not sure. Walter Colson is fixing it and Ben talked to his wife today at church. She said she would give us a call Monday or Tuesday but Ben said the way she talked it may be done by the end of the week. I miss my car and I'm tired of having to bum rides.

Sorry this blog isn't very interesting! That's all for now folks! :) 

No comments: