Wednesday, March 26, 2008

job situation

I am SO burnt out with my job. I LOVE LOVE LOVE working with animals but I am SO sick of the negative environment. I don't want to come home everyday feeling that way I do, dreading going back. Plus I'm not a morning person and getting up at 5:30 am sucks! There are a few people that I love there and keep me going that I would miss and I would especially miss Sam (the dog). I just feel like I'm ready for a change. If you know me, I don't really do change well. It's a hard build up and transition and then I realize it was for the best. I think I would be sad to leave because I feel like it is something that is different about me. Everyone comes to me with animal questions and knows I'm the animal girl. It's something that I know and that I'm good at and that sets me apart. It makes me feel knowledgeable. Maybe one day I'd like to go back to working with animals. Perhaps open a pet resort once the kids start school. I'm just really wanting a job where I can work from home. I am SUCH a homebody. It's a pretty well known fact about me. I want to be a stay at home mom, which is also a struggle because I feel like I would have nothing to show for that but well raised children and maybe that's enough. I don't know. I heard the other day that Rob's son in law, Josh, works from home in some sort of internet sales I think. Well how the heck did he get that job? Is it something I can do? I guess this is kind of a wanted ad. If anybody knows how I can get a job working online rather than in an office, let me know. I need a change. Plus, the clinic doesn't pay very much and there's no getting promoted. You are either a vet, technician or assistant. All but the assistant job require schooling. I haven't even finished my degree because I can't decide what I want to do. If I could work from home, I could finish my school online. I want to be home and take care of my pets, home, cook dinner and have the freedom to go places when I need to. I WANT TO WORK FROM HOME. Somebody help me PLEASE! 

7 comments:

TheBookKnerd said...

Google Yahoo Jobs and search Nashville. There are TONS of work at home job opps there!

Jessica Polston said...

The only thing about those listings is you don't know if they are a hoax or not. Also, a lot of them are just taking surveys so I don't know, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the help!

TheBookKnerd said...

Yeah your right. It is hard to tell who is legit and who isnt. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry - it's so hard to come home and be a happy "wifey" when you are miserable all day - Maybe just concentrate on being a light to someone and wait on God - he has a special position for you - home or work - and you are an asset to any situation.

Heather said...

Dreading work before you even get in the door is rough, been there done that--quit that job. God's got you covered Jessica, you just keep your eyes open!

Amanda Marie said...

Rachel (best friend) sent me a link to a website for stay at home moms...of course you don't have to be a mom to do it...but it's legit. I think Oprah had it on her show.

www.jobsformoms.com

Some consist of stuffing envelopes and things like that. You do have to pay $30 for a teir one job...like the stuffing envelopes. But if it was on Oprah, then I totally trust that it's good.

I think the teir two jobs are more complex, like writing press releases and stuff.

They pay either hourly, and you pick the hours. Or they pay you for the work you've done, like making jewelry.

I haven't had a chance yet to look into it, but I have decided that for now the best thing for our family is if I stay home. But I still want to make a contribution.

Jessica Polston said...

awesome! Thanks Amanda!!