Tuesday, April 1, 2008

back pain and 1 year

Today has been a really bad day. I had a wonderful morning and then about 11:45 I started having these weird pains in my chest that shot back to my back. It also made my heart sort of feel like it was fluttering. I didn't think much of it until it kept on. It happened every so often during lunch hour so I took some Pepto in case it was just gas pains or something. When I got back to work I mentioned it to some co-workers and a doctor. I wanted people to know in case I collapsed or something. I had the doctor listen to my heart and she said everything sounded fine so I took an 800 mg Ibuprofen to try and ease the pain. I got on webmd.com which made me even more scared because they pretty much were telling me I was having a heart attack. I called my doctor's office and they said to go to the ER but I didn't want to go through all that if I didn't know if it was serious or not. The pain was now mainly in my back. I kind of thought maybe I had pulled something or torn something in my back but I had pulled muscles before and it never felt this way. These were sharp pains. I asked to leave early at around 2:45 and texted Rachel because I was supposed to go to dinner with some high school friends but thought I better stay home instead. She looked online and also came to the conclusion that I probably tore something. I went home and went straight to bed and laid on a heating pad. I woke up about 4:45 when Ben got home and felt a little better. Since then I have gone to petsit and some of the back pain is back. When I sit in a chair it hurts the worst. I have an appt with my chiropractor, Don Mynster, in the morning so hopefully he can help me out. Needless to say I haven't had the best day. I don't do well under stress like that so I was pretty much having anxiety during the whole thing. 

In other news, we celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday! Let me back up. Saturday, Ben and James drove a little past St. Louis to a friend's wedding and I stayed behind. I had Rachel and Etta come over and help me and we gave our office a makeover for Ben for my anniversary present to him. I am REALLY excited at how great it turned out. I painted, hung up all his guitars and blew up and framed some pictures he took in Europe. I also separated our desk so he has a separate place for his blue prints and stuff. It looks really great. They ended up driving back home that same day so when he got home at 1:30 am I showed it to him. He just stood in shock in there. He LOVED it! He and I keep walking past it and just standing in there and looking around. :) He got me 2 tickets to the Grand Ole Opry the night Carrie Underwood gets inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame for my anniversary present! I can't wait! He was so thoughtful and did a great job at getting my present this year! I am so lucky to be married to this wonderful man. 

Sunday was a busy day because Saturday was Justin's (my  brother) and Olivia's (ben's sister) birthdays. We went to church and then over to Karen's for lunch. That afternoon we had dinner at mom's for Justin's birthday before the evening service and then went to Tim and Karen's for a second dinner (which I didn't eat because I was still so stuffed) for Olivia's birthday. It was a fun day.

Monday we both took off work for our anniversary. We were planning to go to Mammoth Cave but we woke up and it was a rainy day and I didn't want to leave the dog's inside all day. I was planning to just leave them in the back yard while we went but like I said, it was raining. So we went to plan B. We spent the day in Franklin and went to the factory and to this great park, we ate at our favorite restaurant, Moe's and stopped in some shops in Cool Springs too. We just spent the day together and it really didn't matter where we went. We ended up having a GREAT day! I was bummed that night though because it ended up being a nice day and the sun came out and everything but they still canceled our first softball game of the season! boo! 

1 comment:

TheBookKnerd said...

OoOoOo awesome present! You're lucky, Deirks Bentley is also going to be there that night! I love both of them! *sigh* I'm offically jealous!

Take some pictures of the office!! I want to see it!