Rob's sermon was about if you have bitter envy or selfish ambition in your heart then you should admit it, recognize it's source and recognize the destruction it is having on you. I have some of that in my heart (which I'm sure a lot of other people do too) and I know it's there but dealing with it is the problem. It's not something you can say ok I have it now go away and it's gone. Those people you have those feelings toward are still going to be there and not letting them provoke those feelings inside you is difficult. The passage also says that these feelings are not from above but are earthly feelings and of the devil. I want to memorize scripture so that I am prepared with the appropriate response. I guess it's just something to pray about.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
sermons
I felt like Sunday's sermon spoke right to me. Not just Pastor Rob's sermon but Larry's (our sunday school teacher) as well. Larry was talking about men and women and where there place is or where there heart is. It ended up being a discussion about being a stay at home mom and how some women are and some women want to be but can't and then some women just don't want to be or I guess would just rather have a career. I'm just touching on high points here but I definitely want to be a stay at home mom. I wish I could be a stay at home wife! ha. It was just interesting getting different perspectives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment