We went over to William and Laura's for dinner on Thursday night and had a great time. They fixed chicken, baked potatoes, asparagus (which I have found a new love for) and corn. There was also salad and bread. We ended up watching Wedding Crashers because it is frickin' hilarious!
Last night we had dinner at Joel and Cecile's house. When we got there at 7:00 it had just started snowing. We sat around and talked and then ate dinner. By the end of dinner the ground was completely white. I couldn't believe it came down and covered everything so quickly! We had raclette for dinner. If you don't know what that is, don't feel dumb because I didn't either. Apparently it's a big thing to do over in France. Raclette is "a dish made by heating a piece of cheese, as over a hearth, and scraping off the melted part onto a plate: served with boiled potatoes". It was DELICIOUS! You also have lunch meat with it and onion and pickles if you desire. It was definitely neat to try something new!
After dinner the girls were dying to go play in the snow! The 3 of us (Holly, Cecile and I) got our coats, hats, scarves and gloves on and headed outside. We played around for a bit and then the guys decided to join us (James, Joel and Ben). We ended up having a full on snowball fight! It was guys vs. girls. I gotta say my softball arm came in handy because I pegged the guys a few times. All 3 of us girls got pegged right in the face and when I got inside, I had mascara on my forehead under my hat somehow. It was everywhere! I had to just pretty much wash my face. It was so much fun though! We took a couple videos that are pretty funny!!
Tonight we go to dinner with Jason and Valerie and I'm SO excited! We are eating at Macaroni Grill which is my FAVORITE restaurant EVER! I LOVE IT!
Ben made us pancakes this morning and then we played in the snow. He took a nap and I did some cleaning and then he joined me and we got the house all spic and span. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Our washer has been leaking so Ben is fixing it as we speak and then he plans on cleaning out his truck which is super nasty. I don't really have much planned for myself except relaxing and enjoying my day off! We had chili for lunch because you gotta have chili on cold/snowy days! :)
By the way! The dogs LOVE the snow. We had a good time out there with them this morning! Here are my sweet babies in the snow!

1 comment:
you are such an incredible writer. there are few people who can make the day to day stuff of life sound incredibly exciting and thrilling - but you do! You make me excited to live life, no matter what is going on!
Post a Comment