Monday, March 3, 2008

Easter is almost here?


Can you believe Easter is almost here? My grandmother sent me some email about how this is the earliest Easter has been since the early 1900's and it won't be this early again in our lifetime. Pretty crazy! I love Easter for many reasons. Number one being the meaning of it and what we're celebrating, number two being that we get to spend time with family and have a big meal, and third...THE DRESS! What is more fun than picking out an Easter dress? We can wear white shoes people! That's pretty exciting. I really need a tan. White would like quite dreadful on me without one! Last year I had a great tan (see picture) because we had just gotten back from our honeymoon in Cancun! Our church also has a HUGE Easter egg hunt every year on the Saturday before Easter at Two Rivers Park. There are 40,000 eggs! That's a lot of eggs! For the past 3 or 4 years that I've been at Donelson, I have missed every Easter egg hunt. I used to work on Saturday mornings but not anymore. I am really excited to be able to go this year. I volunteered to be a greeter! 

Today was a really good day at work. I got to be a surgery assistant but there weren't many surgeries. Tomorrow we have a TON though so it should be pretty crazy. I liked being a surgery assistant but we'll see what I'm saying after tomorrow! My friend Leslie is working all week so that makes the day go by faster and make it a lot more cheerful around the clinic.

Dad's cat, Chester, got laser de-clawed today at work. He is a super awesome cat! He had to stay the night at the clinic and I am going to bring him home with me after work tomorrow. Dad and Justin are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Dad is bringing pizza and then he'll just take Chester home with him after dinner. He and my step mom, Debbie, just built a beautiful home in Hendersonville. They didn't want Chester clawing up their new furniture which is totally understandable! They also have another cat, Puddy, who is already de-clawed. Is this way too much info for you? Probably so. 

Tonight we went over to Tim and Karen's (in laws) for dinner. It was really good as usual. After dinner, Ben and James went over to Jon Lemond's house to hang out with guys while us girls stayed and picked out material for Livi to make us dresses. Did I mention that my sister in law has a line of clothing called Brouhaha and she sells it at Local Honey on 12th Ave. She is a super awesome dress designer. She finished up one that she has been working on for me and started on another one for me! ha. I love it! I have my own dress maker in the family! 


3 comments:

TheBookKnerd said...

Oh my gosh, are you kidding me?! H&M is the greatest store ever. My mom loves it, she had never been there! We have one in our mall here!

I probably will come down at the end of the month, we will definitely need to do something..chat at starbucks! And I want to meet Jack, I will more likely kiss his face off!!

Amanda Marie said...

Let's hope Easter is nice and warm this year!

I'm so glad you'll be at the hunt! Theona has loved it the past two years and this year, my sister and niece are coming too!

Can't wait!

Amanda Marie said...

Of course I won't forget to text you!!