In other news, today went really well with the kids at DCA. Sam (the dog) and I had to go in the main entrance of the school and walk all the way

around to the elementary area so Sam got to meet lots of people on the way. I was also happy to see Mrs. Kathy, Mrs. Roney, Rhonda and Mrs. Pam. I like going back to DCA, those were some FUN days. I miss high school sometimes just because of all the friendships and fun times that were had. Oh well, I have a lot of new friends now (actually most of my best friends went to DCA, I just never talked to them while I was there like Teri and Carrie). It's funny how things change. I'm glad Etta, Rachel and I never lost touch. Etta and I have been best friends since 4th grade and Rachel and I since 7th. They are both wonderful friends who I couldn't live without! Back to the Sam thing, he was scared to death of those kids but still did all his tricks for me. I got a little nervous talking to the kids and I have no idea why because they are 2nd graders but it's still a little intimidating. They were very well behaved though and had lots of questions. Some were good questions and some were stories about their pets, family members and whatever else they could think of to tell me. My favorites two stories of the day were "I have a cat" and "I have a cousin named Sam".
Tonight was the jewelry party and it was pretty fun. Rachel, Holly and I were practically the first ones to get there which is always a little awkward but it turned out to be fine. Ok honestly I didn't know the jewelry would be that expensive. I was thinking it would be like the last two jewelry parties that I've been to and where I can actually afford the jewelry. I only wanted to spend about 20 bucks but all you could find for that were toe rings. I have a REALLY hard time spending money on jewelry that I only kinda like when I could buy about 10 things for the same price at Forever Love and LOVE the jewelry. Admittedly, I didn't buy anything. I feel terrible for eating the food and then buying nothing but Dave Ramsey would be proud of me. When she handed us the invitations in the first place, she said..I want you to come but you DON'T have to buy anything. I guess it makes me feel a little better but I'm still feeling kinda bad about it. She mentioned having a Pampered Chef party in the future. Now thats what I can spend some money on! :)
Tomorrow is a day in which I have nothing to look forward to. Ben is playing poker tomorrow night with the guys and I have no plans as of now. Karen hinted at me coming over there, I just don't know yet. Anyone want to invite me somewhere? ha.
Ben and James went to Fido for coffee tonight while I was at the party. They went over to J&Js market and in the process, met some homeless guy out front. He asked for money but instead they offered to buy him dinner at Mrs. Winners and he complied. Ben said it was pretty interesting talking to the guy. He had been in prison for 20 years and had been out for 10. Ben said he was a pretty neat guy. I would have been scared to death but not my husband or brother in law, they have a lot of compassion for people like that. Not saying that I don't, I'm just rather fearful in situations like that. You just never know what people will do these days and thats what is scary to me.
I got a gift card to Target today for speaking at the school. It was totally unexpected but a great surprise. It totally burned a hole in my pocket. I went to Target after the jewelry party to get a few needed things for the house and ended up using my gift card for shoes! How typical of me! I wanted to buy a bathing suit but it's just not warm enough outside for me to be buying a bathing suit that I can't even wear for a while. I'd rather get shoes that I can wear now.
Also, my little brother who is no longer little, he is actually taller than me, had Victorian Day today. I can remember having Victorian Day when I was a senior and now he's a senior. This is SO weird to me. I found this picture of him from his friends facebook page. Check out those ears...haha! Let's reminisce about my Victorian Day while we're at it!



3 comments:
it was so cool to see all these past photos of you & your friends. I'm sure being at DCA today was such a fun time of nostalgia and memories! How fun!
I had a good time seeing you at the party tonight. Don't feel bad about buying anything.. it is better to feel like you had a lot of people come to your party than to have made a ton of sales at the party, trust me! I know Lisa was thrilled to just have you there.
And good for you.. it is ALWAYS a good decision to buy shoes!!
Hope your Friday is full of nice surprises!! :)
Compassion is something I have always admired in both Ben and James. I can totally see both of them talking to the homeless guy and genuinely listening to him.. making him feel like what he was saying mattered, when so many people dont. You never know what kind of impact they could have on someone like that. You have married into one of the fabulous families I know and you fit perfectly into it!
Yeah you DCA snob, you. Never spoke to me, and if I remember right you said you "hated" me, correct? It's okay, I love you now!
Post a Comment