Thursday, February 21, 2008

chatterbox


It's so great when you find a friend in someone you least expect. A month ago I sent a friend request to a lady at our church that I've seen a hundred times but have never spoken to. I recognized her face on someone's myspace page so I sent her a friend request. Ever since then we have been chatting back and forth. This has gone on for a month and we still have not met in person. It's kind of like we are pen pals. I think it's pretty neat although I do hope to eventually meet one day! She is super awesome and I'm happy to have found a friend in her. Plus she has an awesome blog that you should check out. Ladies and gentleman...Valerie Hoback

In other news, mom and Jonathan (mom's boyfriend) got a dog. It's technically Jonathan's dog but when he comes over, he brings her. She was found in a bag of dog food along with 4 of her litter mates floating in the Tennessee River. Apparently some idiot threw the bag full of dogs off the bridge and a fisherman happened to see. I don't understand stupid people like that. If you didn't want the puppies, take them to a shelter so they can find a home. Anyway, all the puppies lived and now mom has one. She looks like a black lab and for now her name is Baby. Which reminds me of Dirty Dancing and I LOVE that movie. I made Ben watch it with me a few weeks ago and he'd never admit it but he liked it! :)

Ben and I attend Financial Peace University at our church on Wednesday nights. It is a class that Dave Ramsey teaches to help get people out of debt or figure out how to live on a budget. We have really learned a lot. I love it. It is a video class so we have a teacher who reviews what we were supposed to have done for homework and then we watch the video where Dave teaches. We have discussion again after the video and there are usually questions we answer as a group. Sadly enough, last week we took a total of all the debt in the class and within 23 people (3 of which are debt free) we have right at a million dollars of debt. That is not including
 houses. Holy crap! We are thankfully not the biggest contributors. We just have the truck and a little bit in student loans. We mainly took the class to learn how to live on a budget. Ok the point of this whole paragraph about the class is that this past Wednesday night after class, a woman who attends was talking to a friend of hers who also attends. The woman's son walked in with a hat on his head and before anything was said she yelled at him to get the hat off in the building and before he could even get out that he just had it on because he was playing in the gym, she bit his head off. He was obviously hot and sweating so he asked for some change to get a drink and she told him to go away. He then told her that he was really thirsty so she threw her water bottle at him and told him to get away from her that she was talking to her friend. I couldn't believe how rude she was to her own son. I just stood there amazed. I don't understand that at all. Ben just confronted our neighbors (who actually attend our church) because the dad was yelling at his kids in the front yard and screaming shut up in their face. I can't imagine treating my kids like that. It's just sad that not only are kids behaving worse than ever these days, parents are too. I guess that's where they learn from. 

This Sunday night, Ben is singing and playing guitar for a duet with Corey (our music minister and good friend).
 I love when Ben is on stage. I am so proud of him. I wish I had the amazing talent his has. I sing in the choir every once in a while. We haven't been able to attend rehearsal because of that FPU class. I love singing but I'm no where near as good as Ben or any other of my best friends who have amazing voices and sing up on stage (ex. Carrie, Teri, Amanda, Jenny..just to name a few). God didn't give me the best singing voice but I know there must be a reason. When I get to heaven I will be able to sing beautifully and I also know that my voice sounds beautiful in God's ears and that's all that matters. 

Wow I'm a chatter box tonight, I guess I have a lot on my mind. I am just glad it is Friday tomorrow!! TGIF! I need a vacation from work. I have been SO exhausted all week. Maybe I should take vitamins. Oh, Mom lost 10 pounds by cutting out bread and sugar. Could I ever depart from my beloved sweet tea? I really don't know. It's probably my favorite drink on the planet! I really need to feel better about myself in a bathing suit though. I'm torn. 

Well that's all for tonight folks! Goodnight! 

1 comment:

Amanda Marie said...

I tried unsweet tea at Famous Dave's on Saturday...I sweetened it with Splenda and it was actually really good.

I'm going to start baking and making my sweet tea with it because it'll be a way to cut out the weight gain, but still have sweet tea!

When my sister had gestational diabetes, she used Splenda for everything.