Yesterday I got home from work (after Ben picked me up of course) and laid down about 3:45 and slept till 5:30! I was SO tired. I got up and got a shower and Ben and I headed literally down the street to James and Holly's apartment. It's pretty neat having them so close to us. There is a chance that we might buy lots next to one another to build houses on . Anyway, Holly made dinner for us as well as Tonya, Tabitha and Ryan. After dinner Tonya, Tabitha and Ryan left because Tonya has been vomiting all day and was feeling sick again (not from Holly's cooking, ha). We watched American Idol for a while and chatted and laughed a lot as usual. Being the crazy kids that we are, us 4 decided to go and do doughnuts in the old Donelson Hospital parking lot beside Golds Gym or Urban Fitness..whatever it is now. It was fun! I can't remember the last time I took park in doing doughnuts! ha. Anyway we ended up getting home late and going to bed.
Today at work was stressful as usual. I found out that I'm not the only one getting really stressed out at work. There is just always something going on and it's a pretty busy place. I get overwhelmed a lot! The good news is that I got offered a new position in a way. Our office manager pulled me aside today and asked if I'd be interested in being a surgery assistant everyday rather than just a technician assistant. I'd be in charge of helping get animals put down, tubed and prepped for surgery. I'd be monitoring heart rates and all that kind of stuff and just getting suture material and other things that the doctor may need in surgery. I'd also be doing post-op care. It would definitely be change in pace and something that I'm really considering doing. Surgeries are only until noon so then I'd do my technician assistant work from 1 - 3:30 which is when I get off. I just need to pray about it and see if it's what I really want to do.
Tonight we got home and I immediately took a shower which is very important after working at a vet clinic all day. We had to meet the guy I was pet sitting for this past weekend so I could give him his key back and get my money. He gave me some extra money for petsitting on short notice! woo hoo! After that we ate dinner at Panera. YUM! I LOVE Panera! We went ahead and went to church even though we were early for our Financial Peace University class. We ended up just chatting with whoever walked by until class time. We enjoyed FPU tonight although there were less people there than normal. I guess people were still staying home because of the snow. By the way...the snow today was AWESOME! It was a much needed weather event! How can you not love a good snow? We headed to the grocery after church and now the groceries are put up and I'm settling in for the evening.
Tomorrow is going to be a really exciting day. I only work until noon and then I will go home and get lunch and then head over to DCA at 1:30 to talk to the 2nd graders about working at a vet clinic. Tabitha and Tonya who I mentioned earlier (who are twins) both teach 2nd grade at DCA. They are awesome! They talked me into coming and talking to the kids. Apparently they try and have someone from different careers come and talk to the kids each week. I have already done this once before when I talked to the girl scouts a little over a month
ago. I always take Sam with me. He is Dr. Fenwick's yellow lab but he really thinks that he belongs to me. I can't go anywhere at work without him following me. I love it though! He is good with kids! I actually get nervous about talking to kids because explaining my job in kid terms is not easy, plus they are more excited about the dog than me anyway! I do have a real dog heart with heart worms coming out of it in a jar to show them. That's pretty cool, right? :)
Tomorrow night is the jewelry party that I was invited to at Lisa Jones' home. I'm really excited about that. Rachel is going and maybe Jenny and Holly but I'm not sure yet. Also Val will be there so I'm really looking forward to it!
Saturday morning our life group is helping with the angel food distribution at church so that will be fun.

Sunday, Deb Mynster has invited our class over for lunch. I have so much background now with this lady! I love her to death! After Emily died, the 3 of them went to Disney World. I'm assuming it was a way to just get their mind off of their sorrow and just have some good family time. Plus, Emily loved Disney World so I think it was in memory of her in a way. The got to be the grand masters (am I saying this right?) in the Disney parade which was pretty cool. Anyway back to my story, a group of us went to their house everyday that they were gone and just totally de-junked their home. If you know the Mynsters, you know that they are pack rats! They have more stuff in their home than I have EVER seen in a home. We got SO much accomplished and when they got home we were
waiting outside with Extreme Home Makeover signs and stuff, it was so much fun! Ever since then I have stayed close with Deb. Rachel and I cleaned her house once a month when we were doing our cleaning/organizing business. We were the clutter busters! It took us FOREVER to clean out her closest! The woman has more clothes than a department store! Needless to say I love this woman to death! Oh and I petsit her dog Tootsie too! They are a wonderful family. We are going over Sunday to have the best meal ever, Sun-dried tomato pasta and caesar salad...YUM!! That happens to be the meal Ben arranged for her to make the night we got engaged.So that is my week. I think we may also be going to Joel and Cecile's again for dinner either Friday or Saturday but I'm not sure. Anyhow pray for me as I try and teach 2nd graders tomorrow and pray that I can answer their questions! They are smart little kids!
Oh by the way, Brittany is a new blogger. She has been converted thanks to me and now she is addicted! :)
Goodnight.

1 comment:
um ok. wow. judging from the necklace and the bangs, not to mention the 2 straps on my shoulder(?!) i have to be 16 years old in that picture. thank you for slappin that up there. thank you so much... :) haha. yowza...
oh and doughnuts in the parking lot sound like too much fun!
Post a Comment