Monday, February 25, 2008

recap of the weekend

Where to begin? Friday night we had dinner at Joel and Cecile Gibbs house. Ben and James helped Joel put a new roof on his house. Holly, Cecile and I just sat inside and chatted which was nice because I don't get to spend much time with Cecile usually. She is really funny. I must say, french people sure can cook! The meal she fixed was delicious! 

Saturday night Karen (my mother in law) got in from the Ivory Coast. She had been there for a little over two weeks on a medical mission trip with the Hanna Project. She said she had a good time and would go back again if she felt lead by the Lord but that it's no place she would voluntarily visit again. She said dirt just lingers in the air and it's about 100 degrees there
 everyday. There is no humidity but she said she just felt hot, dirty and wet all the time and there was no getting away from that feeling. She said she took cold showers everyday because of how hot she was all the time. She did get to do some cool stuff and help lots of people. She said her favorite thing was getting to help birth a baby! I thought that would be really neat. I am really curious to watch a birth before I actually give birth myself but I'm not watching that nasty 1970 Miracle of Life video. YUCK. Maybe watching a birth would scare me out of having a baby. ha. I guess I better get used to it because Ben and I would love to have 4 little youngens! 

Sunday after church, Angie Deel had us all over for lunch. She makes THE best poppy seed chicken and banana pudding. Not to mention the mashed potatoes, corn and green beans...yum! Her and Karen are good friends so she didn't want Karen to have to go home and fix lunch the day after she got back. I know she must have been jet lagged because she never wants to
 take a nap on Sunday afternoons like the rest of us but she did yesterday. We normally go to Tim and Karen's every Sunday after church and she fixes lunch for us. It's really cool to get to spend time with the family like that, plus she's an amazing cook. 

Sunday night was fun. Ben sang in the evening service. It was a Chris Tomlin/Steven Curtis Chapman song so he and Corey sang it together and played their guitars. I thought they did a great job. If I can figure out how to get it from my video camera onto my computer, I will post the video on here. Also, it was finally the night I was going to meet Val. I had searched for her every Sunday for like a month and could never find her. Finally we were standing up singing in the evening service and I saw her walk in and sit over to the left of me. I was like, yes, she's here and I can finally meet her. Well at the end of the service, I looked over and she was gone. I poked Ben and laughed because it seems like I can never find her on Sundays and there she was but she just disappeared. It was pretty funny. Well I stood around thinking maybe she went to get the kids and would be back but I never saw her. I told Ben that I was determined to find her so I went looking for her. I didn't have to look very far. She was sitting on a bench by the stairs that lead down to our new children's center. I was so relieved to have finally found her. She was SO sweet! I was so excited!

Today I am off work. My ears have been bothering me this weekend. It feels like I need to pop them but when I do, nothing happens. I haven't had an ear ache since I was a kid. It kinda 
sucks. So anyway, I'm home today and I suppose I should start cleaning the house. 

Oh, Rachel and I got invited to Lisa Jones' jewelry party on Thursday night which I'm so excited about. I never get to hang out with those women and they are so much fun. Some of them were at the marriage retreat with us back in October but we didn't get to hang out too much. I did learn some fun things about them when we played the newlywed game. ha. Ben was already planning to play poker with the guys Thursday so it worked out good. 

Well that's about all the news I have. I'm hoping it really does reach 57 degrees today like they say because I'll be opening all the windows in the house and enjoying it. It's the only warm day of the week so I'll soak it in as much as I can. 




No comments: