Saturday, February 28, 2009

Brittany, a birthday and lots of surgeries

I really shouldn't wait so long in between my posts because so much happens and I can't remember it all!

Brittany and Chad came to town last week/weekend and we got to hang out on Saturday night. It was a blast! A group of us met at Mazatlans for dinner that consisted of me, Ben, Brittany, Chad, Holly, Adam, Tonya, Emily and Nemo. We had a great time! Afterwards we headed over to the man cave aka James and Holly's garage and hung out there for the rest of the night. Jon, Jarrod and Jeffery ended up stopping by later as well as Tabitha. It was a really fun night! 

Sunday wasn't too eventful...church, lunch, nap, church, dinner, bed! :)

Monday we went to Texas Roadhouse for Dad's birthday! It was really fun. Dad had to sit on this saddle while he got sung to! It was hilarious! After that we just hung out at the house and watched The Bachelor. I can't wait for the finale. I found out from a friend that there are some spoilers saying Jason picks Melissa but that he ends up either leaving her because he's been secretly dating Molly or leaving her because Molly is pregnant. Who knows! I'm just excited to watch it Monday!
Tuesday was pretty crazy. Olivia's cat Moody had been vomiting up yellow bile and that is never a good sign so Grant brought her in to our clinic. She ended up having a piece of Olivia's sewing thread wrapped around her tongue and going down the back of her throat. We ended up having to do surgery to remove the string which was all the way down into her intestines. It's something you can just let digest unfortunately. She is doing fine now though!


Wednesday my dad had some cancerous spots removed off of his ear and I had to pick him up from Summit Outpatient Center around 10:45 or so and then we went and grabbed some lunch at Chik fil A and went back to my house, he was still pretty loopy at this point. We ate lunch and hung out at the house for a while until he was ok to drive. I then took him over to his car at Summit and went back to work around 1:30. His poor ear looks pretty bad right now but hopefully it will look better once all the swelling goes down and stuff. Unfortunately that ear will always be smaller than the other. We joke that he and Ben are in the crumpled ear club! ha. We went to choir that night but that's about it.

Thursday we had dinner at Tim and Karen's and then played 9's. It was fun! Afterwards we ran over to Dr. Lazzara's house because she was out of town and I was petsitting for her. I went in to feed her cats and one of the 3 was sitting in a corner breathing heavily. I knew something was wrong because she just wasn't acting right so I called up another vet at our clinic and brought the cat to her house. She and our office manager were there having dinner so the two of them took the cat to the clinic and did some xrays and stuff. They found out that the cat is basically eaten up with cancer inside and something is pressing against her lungs and all this crazy stuff. The cat is only like 4. They took it to the emergency clinic overnight so it could stay in the O2 cage and could be monitored and then the office manager went back down and picked it up the next morning and brought it into work with her. Dr. Lazzara came home early today (Saturday) to make a decision about the cat. It looks like she may have to be put to sleep! :(

Friday was Henry's surgery. He got neutered and laser declawed. He was real mean to everyone at work so I had to hold him for everything. He is a bottle raised kitten, I have had him since he was only a few days old so he only knows Ben and I as his parents. He doesn't like anyone else to touch him. If he smells your scent and you aren't me or Ben, he gets real mad. ha ha. He did really good for his surgery and has been feeling great. He has been wanting me to baby him though so we snuggle a lot. I love that cat! 


Today has been the typical lazy saturday. We have done nothing but lounge around and eat and sleep. ha. It's been really nice though. Now they are saying that snow is headed our way so I'm excited about that. I am really ready for spring but if it's going to stay cold, it might as well snow! :) Ben had to go into work this evening which is a bummer but he is making some extra money so I'm just hanging out at the house watching movies and sitting on facebook!  

Tomorrow morning Ben has the choir solo! woot! I love to hear him sing! :)

1 comment:

TheBookKnerd said...

I had so much fun on Saturday! I hope we can come back so we can hang out all the time!! Ok I just wanted to let you know that I was eating dinner last night and reading your blog and then those intestines popped up! BOO. That was nasty. I pushed through it and finished the blog and my dinner!!