I was off work that monday after the choir solo but we had a staff meeting that monday night at 6 pm so it's not like I was off for a full day, I still had to go in! ugh! Work is just work these days. I go in and do my job and come home. I have a few friends there that make the day more enjoyable but all in all, I just float through the day waiting for 3:30 when I get off and get to come home. It's kinda a sad way to live but I'm just so burnt out these days. Anyway, on that Monday I also baked like 60 something cupcakes. Tabitha and Tonya's birthday was that Sunday so I surprised them and came into their classes and brought them and their kids cupcakes!! I took the rest of the cupcakes that I had left over which was like 25 over to Victoria's because all the kids gather there after school since she lives beside Pennington and their parents pick them up there. So between Victoria's kids, Jessica's kids, Valerie's kids and Kim's kids...those cupcakes disappeared REAL fast! :)
Nothing much happened between monday and friday besides the usual choir and stuff. On Friday Valerie came over and although she was not crazy about the idea, she agreed to let me do her her and makeup and I took some pictures of her. I thought she looked beautiful! We hung out for a little while but due to her cat allergies and my many cats, the night had to be cut a little short.
On Saturday Holly, Tabitha and Tonya came over and I had cooked dinner and we hung out and watched a movie. We had a great time as usual. I love all 3 of those girls. They are very special to me and have been the friends that I have needed lately. By the way, Ben is not in these stories because he has had to work late the past couple of weekends but thats when you make good money so at least there is an up side to it I guess.
Carrie's due date was last weekend. She did not have the baby this week so she is at the hospital now and they are inducing her in the morning at 5 am as of now so we are patiently awaiting little Mayer Scott Hawkins to come into the world. I can't wait to meet him!! I have baby fever like CRAZY these days! We are planning to wait till the end of the year or so before we start trying so I have a ways to wait unless God surprises us. There really are some things I would like to do first and maybe it's because I'm surrounded by so many babies at church that makes me want one but I just love babies and always have. I can't wait to have one of my own. I think that's going to be so cool.
It was another fairly uneventful week this week. Justin has been in town for spring break so we had dinner at mom's thursday night with him and watched Survivor. I'm rooting for Eddie George's wife Taj. She already has tons of money so I guess I hope someone who needs the money wins but she is a great player!

We have been car shopping the past couple of weeks. We want a Honda Element and I'm super excited about it. There are a lot of hurdles we have to cross before we can get one but it will hopefully be before summer. We are selling both our cars and Ben is getting an older truck that will be paid for and I'm getting the Element. I can't wait!! We have test drove some and been to a bunch of dealerships and stuff so I'm really excited.

Yesterday was Emily and Nemo's wedding shower. It was held at the Greenwoods house. Their house is very beautiful. I love all those homes on Miami Drive. This morning was a good sermon but tonight was the weirdest sermon ever. We had a guest speaker and it was just so strange. I can't explain it but those who were there understand! Afterwards we went to Los Tres with Ryan, Jenny, Rachel and Richard. We have made a Sunday night tradition of doing this and different people come each week but its always the 6 of us. It's good times! :)
I can't wait till tomorrow when I get to meet Mayer. I will post pictures of him soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment