Thursday, March 19, 2009

MY BEST FRIEND IS PREGNANT!

This has been quite the eventful week so far. Tuesday at work I got a text from Rachel saying she had dropped off a list of what to bring to the cabin this weekend at my house and left it with Ben. I kinda was wondering why she didn't just email it but didn't give it any more thought. When I got home Ben had already left for work so I came in and found a card in an envelope on the stove with my name on it in Rachel's handwriting. I then started to wonder why she would have written the info in a card but again shrugged it off and opened the card. The card said she was pregnant! I just stood there in shock, sorta kinda started freaking out and called Ben immediately and told him the news. At the bottom of the note Rachel had written "call me". So I called her and just started screaming. It just caught me so off guard. I knew that it would be sometime between now and fall because Carrie just had Mayer and I had told Rachel that we wanted to start trying at the end of the year so I knew she would get pregnant somewhere in between. I just didn't expect it to be so soon. I would love to say I knew it all along or had a feeling and after knowing someone for 12 years you would think you would pick up on something like that but she did a good job hiding it. I have spent a lot of time lately thinking about how we should start preparing our lives for a baby. I mentioned before that we are selling our cars to reduce our car payments and to get a bigger vehicle so I guess that's a step in the right direction. I am so thrilled for Rachel and Richard. It makes me want a baby EVEN MORE! I know we have a few more things to get in order before all that but I'll just be so thrilled when the time comes to start trying. The feeling is similar to when Rachel and Richard got married. I knew I was getting married 7 months later but I was so ready after seeing your best friends get married. Now I am just so excited to be the ones announcing that we are pregnant but for now, I am living vicariously through Rachel but just know that you can expect a 2010 baby from us! :)  Here is their ultrasound picture I stole off Rachel's blog! :) Ladies and Gentleman...my little neice or nephew.....
I prayed a lot of things on Tuesday. I prayed for the health of the baby, for Rachel's experience that she wouldn't get sick, that labor would go well and that I would be the kind of friend that she needs during all of this. 

Tuesday night was Bunco and I won a prize again. I had the most losses so I won a DVD and lip gloss! I always have a great time with those girls! 

Yesterday I ran over to Rachel's to help her with her blog and then ended up hanging out there for a while. I kept thinking how nice it was because with how crazy life has been lately, I haven't spent much one on one time with Rachel. That kind of stuff can be hard on a friendship just like any other relationship. I appreciate time more than anything these days. It has become my love language. Anyway, after that I headed to the batting cages with the twins and then to do a little fielding. I headed back over to Rachel's and Ben came over and hung out with Richard and Justin (Richard's cousin). Ben wants to brew his own beer and Justin had already brewed his own so Ben came over to try it. After that we headed to Tim and Karen's for dinner and then home to basically go to bed.

Today Ben was over at his parents house detailing my car and let their two weiner dogs out to run around like usual. Well they ran off and Esther came back with a gash in her back and Dewey still hasn't returned. He has been gone all day. I think something may have happened to him but I hope not! He had his collar on with address and phone number so hopefully someone will find him. I just hope something didn't kill him. Esther's wound looked like it may have come from a barb wire fence and not another animal so maybe Dewey is out there somewhere heading home. Please keep him in your prayers! Tim brought Esther to the vet and we cleaned up her back and she needed 3 staples in it!

Tonight we had our first official softball practice of the season. I was CRANKING the ball and was pretty proud of myself. My fielding on the other hand is a little rusty! All in all practice went well and we have a lot of good players this year. I'm really excited about it!

I am off work tomorrow and then tomorrow night we leave to go to a cabin in Ashland City on the lake. It will be us, Rachel and Richard, Ryan and Jenny and William and Laura. I'm excited. We went last year with a bigger group but some couldn't go this year. It will still be fun though! :) 

No comments: