Monday, February 9, 2009

finally an exciting weekend

I had a really great weekend. I already mentioned in the previous blog that I went to dinner and a movie with Etta friday night. Saturday morning mom and I went to see New In Town and it was SO cute. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good chick flick! Mom and I always get the big bucket of popcorn and we had it all eaten before the first ten minutes of the movie then I went and got it refilled and we finished off the second bucket too. What can I say...we love popcorn! Without the fattening butter I might add! I love spending time with mom, we took the long way home and drove around Donelson and just enjoyed the beautiful day. 

Saturday afternoon Ben and I wanted to get out in the sunshine so we headed down to Lock Two park but once I got down there I felt like a stalker (long story, haha!) so we left and ended up going downtown to the Yazoo Brewery because Ben has been wanting to go on the tour. We planned on going on the 4:30 tour but it was full so we signed up for the 5:30 and went walking around taking silly pictures. Some of my favorite ones are of us on the train tracks. We had a great time. The tour was interesting, more for Ben but I had a good time. 

Sunday was church of course which I love and can't miss because it's like part of my week is missing. TDF really is a big family and I hate not seeing my family. After church we went over to Tim and Karen's like usual and we celebrated Karen's birthday with pizza and brownies,
her fav! When lunch was over I headed home to change then to the church for Carrie's baby shower. I helped host along with Rachel, Jenny, Angie, Teri, Casey and Linda and we had a wonderful time. She got SO much stuff! Once the shower was over, a few of us headed to her house to put everything away which is the fun part for me. I love to organize! We left there and went to Grant and Livis for dinner with them, Holly, James, Emily and Nemo. It was fun! I was exhausted once we got home but was happy to have had such a wonderful weekend!

It has been a pretty good day today. Work went by fast! Ben and the guys had poker night tonight so I went over to my grandmothers. I helped her with some computer stuff then we headed to La Hacienda for dinner. It was delicious! Afterwards I went over to mom's. She adopted a rescue dog today and his name is Doc. He is a border collie mix and is probably a year or two old . He is timid but VERY sweet. I'm glad she will have a dog around for protection since she's currently living alone. 

I just found out today that my friend Leslie is working my shift friday because she is off school and could use the extra hours. This means I get a 3 day weekend! YAH!! This may just be a great week, just wish it would stay warm. I am loving this 70 degree weather! 

No comments: