I am only somewhat happy with my job right now. We recently switched over to a new computer system which means we are going paper-light. It has been a huge transition and stress and I sorta feel like I'm at a new job because you have to learn a whole new system. I am pretty sure that I am ready for change. It's horrible to say but I think I am staying at my job because I would miss my boss's dog Sam who follows me around like a shadow all day. He would miss me and I would miss him and that breaks my heart. He's my buddy. I am really hoping for some doors to open soon as far as a new job. I have no idea what I want to do, I would like to finish school but I despise school and I know it would just be two years and then I would be done but ugh...two years of school and studying! I don't even know what I would study. I want to be a mom but I can't be a mom until we have for sure steady income that is enough to support us with no income from me. That's why we're hoping Ben gets the contract manager position. That would be a big deal.
I have done some cool stuff lately. I surprised my mom on her birthday with a trip to Mammoth Cave. It was me, Ben, mom and
Justin. We had a blast and I know she enjoyed her day as much as we did. I planned a picnic lunch and everything!
Can I just say how happy I am for fall to be here. It feels WONDERFUL outside today. The high is only like 73 and
it's amazing! It's so breezy out and cool and I would sleep outside today if I had a hammock or something. What a great
day to be off work. A friend of mine, Leslie, is in nursing school and wanted some extra hours so she's working for me today. One thing about fall that I most look forward to is going to Farmers Market to pick out pumpkins, then heading over to Germantown for the Oktoberfest and then going back to Tim and Karens that night to carve pumpkins with family and friends. It's so much fun and it is next saturday, the 11th. It is probably my favorite day of fall besides Halloween of course. Which by the way, I don't have a costume idea and I need one. The only thing I can think of is to be Nastia Liukin, the olympic gymnast. It's scary how much we look alike at times. I've made some wonderful new friendships lately. We are starting a bible study that will include me, Holly, Tabitha, Tonya, Lauren Helms, Olivia and Johanna. It was just me, Holly and the twins last night and Karen who is the leader and Karen was saying she hopes this can be a study where we can learn to trust each other. Tonya was saying she has a hard time trusting people sometimes and I started thinking about how I was with trusting. I think I often times trust too easily. I put a lot of faith in people, mostly in my friendships and I get hurt a lot of times. Ben and I were talking on the way home from church Sunday and I was saying how hard it is when you develop this friendship, this bond with someone and you just feel so connected and then all of the sudden you are the only one putting in the effort and you wonder where that wonderful friendship went and you don't really get any answers and it's really hurtful. I work real hard sometimes and don't get much in return but I still just keep working especially if it's something I really feel is worth working for.
My brother comes in town this weekend and I'm really excited. I never see him anymore since he's off to college and working. He is on fall break so he'll be in town today through sunday. We are cooking out over at dad's after church sunday which will be fun. My dad lives in Hendersonville and so I really don't see him much but we talk on the phone basically everyday. I'm thankful to have such a close relationship with both parents. I usually talk to them everyday and if I don't, it feels weird like part of my day is missing.
I have been fostering kittens ALL summer long. A lady came in on July 22nd with two kittens that she said were born 3 days earlier but I think maybe 7 days earlier, either way, they

1 comment:
Ok I'm glad you are back to blogging, I totally missed reading it. I'm also really jealous that you guys are starting a Bible study, I want to be a part of it!! I'm off to write my catch up blog!
Post a Comment