Sunday, October 5, 2008

jobs, bragging and pumpkins

Ben got a new job at Towne Park valet at Opryland Hotel. He just got promoted from a shift manager to assistant contract manager which is a pretty big deal. Our goal for the next 5 years is for him to become a contract manager. He leaves tonight to go to Houston for a week with work to train some guys at a hotel there and help them out. He will be back next Sunday so I'm all alone for a whole week! :( I'm kinda bummed about it but I'm keeping my schedule full of stuff to do every night so I won't think about it. I hope to just get a lot of stuff done this week.

A little bragging: For those of you who weren't at TDF on Sept 21, check out the webcast at www.donelson.org and watch the choir song. Ben and Teri Deel had the duet and I happen to think they did a wonderful job!

I talked all about my favorite day of fall a couple blogs ago and it's not going to happen quite as great this year. Ben will be out of town so he's going to miss Germantown Oktoberfest on Saturday so since he won't be in town, we aren't going to get our pumpkins that day. We are going to go to the farmers market on Tuesday and get our pumpkins and carve them Sunday night with our friends and family. I'm sad Ben can't make it to Oktoberfest because it's so much fun but oh well.

Well I'm at dad's today for a cookout since my brother is in town for fall break and we are about to head home so I'm out!

No comments: