
Yesterday was one of those days you won't forget. I was driving home and got a text from Rachel. I remember sitting at the light at Elm Hill Pike and Stewarts Ferry. She said that Heath Ledger had died of a possible drug overdose. Apparently he had been taking sleeping pills and his housekeeper came in to let him know that his masseuse was there and she found him dead. What a sad day. He was so talented and of course beautiful! He's the joker in the new batman movie so that will be weird to watch once it hits theatres.
I've had some interesting events happen this week. I love my job and working with animals but I just get so sick of being there everyday doing the same thing with the same people. I know that sounds terrible. I just get discontent easily. I got a call from my 2nd cousin Lance. He was the DJ for our wedding but he also is a pilot. He was going to be flying on Wednesday and his wife, Mary was out of town for work. She works for Genesco which is the company that owns Journeys and a few others. He asked if I could pick his kids up from daycare today and take them to get dinner and then take them home and get them baths and ready for bed and all that. He is supposed to be home somewhere between 8 and 10. The kids go to bed at like 7:45 or 8 so I'm glad I can at least record American Idol and then watch it until he gets home. Ben can't go with me because he and the guys are rehearsing some new songs (Ben is in a quartet at church). Anyway the point of this whole story is, Lance mentioned he wasn't crazy about the kids being in daycare. After careful consideration, I mentioned to him that I would be interested in nannying the kids if they were looking for a nanny. I would be making way better money (almost double) and be at my own home and be able to take the kids places. They are 2 and 4. I think it would be a great opportunity to get experience raising kids. Anyway, it's just an idea so I'm not even sure that it will work out but who knows...maybe it will!

No comments:
Post a Comment