Sunday, July 12, 2009
wisdom teeth surgery
Friday I had my wisdom teeth cut out. I have to say I was nervous about the surgery but not as nervous as I thought I would be. I loved that it went by so fast, it didn't give me time to think about it. I got to the office and within five minutes was taken back to my room. Ben came with me and I sat in the chair and was immediately hooked up to heart monitors and stuff. I just remember something on my finger and some clamps on my wrists, all to monitor my vitals during surgery. I heard a nurse say my mom was coming back too, she had just gotten there. As mom was walking in the room Dr. Cox had already put the turnicate (not sure how to spell that) on my arm and I was saying that I was most scared about this part as he was already sticking the needle in my arm and it was done. The IV was taped in and he was already injecting the "good stuff" into my veins. It was so crazy how fast it all happened. I just started to feel really relaxed and the room started spinning a little so I said, well I guess I'm gonna go ahead and close my eyes now, bye guys and I was gone to la la land! I don't remember much about waking up after the surgery or riding in the wheel chair or getting in the truck. I do remember trying to call dad on the ride home so I could talk crazy to him but he didn't answer then I remember telling Ben I had to throw up so he pulled over and I threw up on the side of the ramp getting onto the interstate. I sorta remember getting home and into bed. Ben went out to get my meds and a few things from the grocery and mom stayed with me and got me all situated with ice on my cheeks and all that. Mom and Ben have taken such good care of me this weekend and this experience hasn't been so bad. Mom kept my gauze changed out every hour or so for a few hours and I was done bleeding. I took my pain meds every 4 hours so I was basically taking pain meds, sleeping for 4 hours, taking pain meds, sleeping for 4 hours...it was just a continuous cycle but it didn't bother me. I didn't have anything else to do and it felt good to get caught up on sleep. I have basically just been taking it easy this weekend. I hated to miss Emily and Nemo's cookout last night and church this morning and the church cookout tonight but it's more important to get healed up then try and push myself just to have some fun with friends. I had already asked off of work tomorrow so I'm hoping that by Tuesday when I have to go back to work that I will feel better. I have to go back to Dr. Cox at 11:30 on Tuesday and then I'm off Wednesday because we are planning to go see Harry Potter tuesday night at midnight. I just hope the acheyness in the back of my mouth eases up soon. Its hard to open my mouth very wide. I have been eating only mashed potatoes, potato soup, yogurt, pudding, jello and popsicles. I wouldn't be surprised if I have lost a little weight during all of this. Anyway, I'm glad its over and a thing of the past. I'm glad I overcame my fear of an IV and of surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment