Tuesday, April 14, 2009

highlights of the past couple of weeks

Life has been a blur lately. I haven't written in here because I have barely sat down in a couple weeks. Softball has started back up and it has consumed a couple nights of my week and then there is choir practice plus any plans with friends and don't forget wedding and lingerie showers! I've been a busy bee! If I tried to go back and remember everything that has happened since my last post, my head might explode so I'm not going to attempt to try.
Some highlights in no particular order:
-Ben and I had a wonderful anniversary dinner at our favorite restaurant, Macaroni Grill.
-I got my hair done...Jamie added some goldish highlights along with my regular blonde. It took some getting used to but it's growing on me.
-Easter was wonderful with the best family in the world. The service was amazing too and I memorized both songs and didn't have to hold a book on stage. I was pretty proud of myself. Memorizing songs has never been a problem for me.
-2 stray dogs showed up at work - a yellow lab puppy (about 5 months) and her sister a black and tan mix who is about a 25 pound adult. Not sure of her age but they are both sweeties. I hope we can find their family or find them a new home together. Anyone interested?
-I've still got the pregnancy itch but am for sure waiting till the end of the year! I'm just taking this time to read up. I starting reading the pregnancy bible that Dr. Burch gave me. It's really been interesting. I just want to be as prepared as possible as well as just educating myself in general.
-Ben has some great opportunities to move up in the company at work which is really exciting so keep that in your prayers if you will.
-I went to the Southern Women's show with Rachel and we met up with Rhonda, Carrie, Katie and Mayer to see Kate Goslin from Jon and Kate Plus 8. I love that show!
-Also I had lunch with a couple girlfriends (Rachel, Etta, Jenny, Carrie and Laura) the other day since we all live/work so close together, we figured we ought to do lunch more often. I love those girls!
-I saw the movie 7 pounds...a definite "must see'! I thought it was a great movie!






4 comments:

Jessica said...

yellow lab puppy? My mom may be interested. Do you have a pic? boy or girl?

TheBookKnerd said...

It is about time missy! I've missed your blogs!!

LC² said...

I have been thinking more about babies too! Tons of my friends here in Memphis have been popping them out, but I don't think it is time for us yet. I do want to study some so let me know what baby bible you are talking about...and any tidbits of info you get that you want to share! Glad I found your blog...

Amanda Marie said...

Loren and I watched 7 Pounds while we were on vacation. SO good! Heavy, but what a great story.